Recent events forced businesses around the world to re-examine their operations and strategies.
Here’s how we can help you address upcoming challenges
and reimagine possibilities in the post-COVID Reality
Challenge: Navigating #work-from-home Ops
Today there’s an the outbreak of self-claimed experts in setting up Work From Home IT environments.
As remote-first organisation, we have some bad news for you: there’s no silver bullet solution.
Here’s what you should be wary of:
– measuring productivity requires completely different frameworks
– securing your environments and networks is hard, period
– some of your team members will start feeling alienated
– completely wild hiring and onboarding processes
– achieving true aligment will take longer than you think
– grinding IT & Business alignment is where your focus should be
Now some good news:
Benefits from remote-enabled environment can be preeminent. Also it doesn't have to be scary if you follow some golden rules.
Propositions for Distributed Ops
Future of Work won’t be Remote-Only but Remote-Enabled
– Don’t ditch your offices just yet, but be prepared for setting up distributed, elastic environment, if you haven’t done it already
– Proactively identify and address WFH productivity challenges
– Identify how you can leverage existing technology more efficiently
Grinding IT & Business Alignment is where your focus should be
– Identify resilience vulnerabilities and setup small scrum teams to address them
– Take the continuous paradigms you know from software delivery world and hand it over to your business people
Here are some Resources for start that can help
Don’t neglect Security and Compliance
– Use this time to review your company governance policies
– Things like 2FA and secure VPNs for remote access are a good start
In WFH environments, you have less control over devices, so step up securing your network and cloud premises
– Refine balance between human and the machine